As Mark Twain once said :
“Humanity has unquestionably one really effective weapon – laughter.
Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution—these can lift at a colossal humbug, push it a little, weaken it a little, century by century, but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast.
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.”
So because today means serious business with municipal #Election Day underway in South Africa, I thought I would share some of my favourite quotes on laughter.
Because yes it is important to not take life too serious at times and laugh a little!
Laughter uplifts the soul and sometimes, most times – fixes everything!
This is one of my greatest goals for Big Mouth Entertainment, to be part of something that inspires people … to make people laugh… to see people laughing at themselves, because this is how happiness grows – with laughter!
Yes we are in the business of laughter.
I love seeing people happy. Laughter inspires me. It’s like free happy pills!
Sometimes I try to explain it. Sometimes I cannot talk, I just laugh.
Have a look at these awesome quotes, these clever people knew exactly how to explain it.
TOP 20 – #LAUGHTER #QUOTES
- A good laugh heals a lot of hurts. — Madeleine L’Engle
- A good laugh is a mighty good thing, a rather too scarce a good thing. — Herman Melville
- A good laugh is sunshine in the house. — William Thackeray
- A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. — Phyllis Diller
- A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, a chuckle comes from the belly; but a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around. — Carolyn Birmingham
- Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. — Lord Byron
- As soap is to the body, so laughter is to the soul. — A Jewish Proverb
- As soon as you have made a thought, laugh at it. — Lao Tsu
- At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. — Jean Houston
- Earth laughs in flowers. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Even the gods love jokes — Plato
- He that is of a merry heart has a continual feast. — Proverbs 15:15
- Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. — Elsa Maxwell
- Laugh my friend, for laughter ignites a fire within the pit of your belly and awakens your being. —Stella & Blake
- Laughter connects you with people. It’s almost impossible to maintain any kind of distance or any sense of social hierarchy when you’re just howling with laughter. Laughter is a force for democracy. — John Cleese
- Laughter has no foreign accent. — Paul Lowney
- I never would have made it if I could not have laughed. It lifted me momentarily out of this horrible situation, just enough to make it livable. — Viktor Frankl
- I was irrevocably betrothed to laughter, the sound of which has always seemed to me to be the most civilized music in the world. — Peter Ustinov
- He who laughs, lasts! — Mary Pettibone Poole
- Humor is a prelude to faith and laughter is the beginning of prayer. — Reinhold Niebuhr
Do you enjoy a good laughing session?
Let me know what your favourite quotes are!
We are giving away a few copies of the Carvin Golstone‘s DVD – Coloured President.
Enter! Enter! Enter!
WIN! WIN! WIN!
Love, Laughter & Light