For every job you commit to, you will stop yourself every now and then to recap lessons learnt.
If not for the lessons, then for the sake of encouraging yourself.
Because let’s face it, sometimes you gotta be your own cheerleader.
For me, I have a day or two after a big show run just to reflect on the ups and downs…
A time to reflect the good, the bad and the ugly.
Sometimes it’s more the good, sometimes it’s more the ugly, but either way the ultimate point is the fact that when you reflect you grow through the lessons.
And so it’s become a mantra to me to keep reminding myself of these valuable points:
1. People need to laugh. Do whatever it takes to keep the laughs coming, push comedy, push production, push numbers, push venues, push yourself, push until you can’t push no more.
2. Know yourself. There will be times when your weakness takes over and you won’t remember any of the objectives, but staying true to yourself will be a constant reminder of why you are doing what you are doing.
3. You become what you say. Speak good. Speak positive. Stay positive. Good vibes only!
4. Throw yourself at it. Do what you must, do what works for you, however you have to, but get it done.
5. Do not disappoint your younger self. Keep trying your absolute best to impress the younger you.
6. “As a man thinketh, so is he…” Think big! Always!
7. Relationships are your greatest resource. Keep building meaningful and solid relationships in your industry.
8. Always be present in the moment. If not, then your hard work is all a blur. Believe you me, there is nothing quite like the feeling of standing at the back of a venue full of people and hearing laughter ripple through the room.
9. Face Fear. Always take the risk.
10. Celebrate the small victories. But as soon as you are done celebrating, get right back in there!
Until next time…
Happy chapter 4 of 12!
BigMouth Rae xx